Friday, November 19, 2004

Fogged In

The pressure zones high above Boise are still aligned against us. This air just isn't moving. We're getting brief, teasing glimpses of sunlight on most days, but it's not breaking up. This is the earliest and possibly longest inversion in my short time here. And it's starting to drive me nuts.

Even though the pollution is not a constant, as it has been at other times, it still does get a bit rank and brown down here on occasion. The temperatures have been cold though not brutal. But the ceiling is very low, and this morning while riding to work I think I had a visibility of about 30 feet through the fog.

In better news, I just found out that The Mooney Suzuki is playing the Paradiso Theater in Amsterdam on December 6, the last night of our stay there. A bona-fide rock show! Gerry, our man in Amsterdam, said he's gonna get tickets. So we have that to look forward to.


No comments: